BERKELEY OLIVE GROVE 1913 OROVILLE, CALIFORNIA
Historic Properties for Sale & Historic Homes For Sale near Oroville, California8 Rocky Dr, Oroville, CA 95965, Oroville, California 95965
See this property
Visualize the possibilities with this unique 400-acre property with over 100-year-old olive trees, providing top award-winning Mission olive oil. This oil produces the highest polyphenols within the Western Hemisphere. The historical site has endless possibilities being extremely unique with its remaining vestige of pre-industrial (natural) permaculture providing superfoods, super beverages and the potential for Nutraceuticals.
This orchard was founded by a group of Berkeley professors in 1913 who searched all over Northern California for two years before settling in Butte county being the perfect location to plant Mission olives with its rich soil.
The Mission olive is the only olive variety recognized by the International Olive Council as native to North America. Berkeley Olive Grove is celebrating its 108th year of olive growing history. Organic (Certified by the California Olive Oil Council (CCOC) as a ‘true’ extra virgin olive oil and sustainable grove management, together with vigorous olive milling research and careful processing, have yielded results. The producer earned an astonishing three Gold Medals at the New York International Olive Oil Competition.
The owner is available for consultation for ease in transition. No mill is on-site, however, there is an excellent local miller available nearby. Plans were made for the historic barn to house an advanced technology olive mill, a visitor center, an artisan gallery and a gift shop offering products. It includes stone houses built in the 1930s, bungalows and the main house.
The phenols in olive oil produce antioxidants that work to protect our bodies from the damaging effects of free radicals. While California Super High-Density (SHD) olive oils tested in 2010 by UC Davis were 41% of average, Berkeley Olive Grove 1913 oils were 159% of average.
The prime values of this orchard are:
- It is the largest acreage example of truly natural and traditional agriculture, affording unique educational and general experience of what no longer exists on this scale. Agri-tourism is a massive possibility here.
- These 108-year-old olive trees could potentially produce for a thousand more years. There are 3,000-year-old trees in the Mediterranean and the Middle East that are still producing olives.
- Traditional agricultural planting and maintenance methods have been maintained with 65 trees per acre rather than super high density 300-720 trees per acre.
- About 85 acres are pruned. The 10 best-pruned trees and other acres in their best year produced over 200 tons of olives. (In such a year, 325 acres of Olive trees could equate to ~975 tons of olives or 37,000 gallons of very high polyphenol olive oil).
- With over 7,000 scientific tests internationally (by World Olive Center in Athens, Greece, using nuclear magnetic resonance), Berkeley Olive Grove Classic bold intensity oil has been identified as having the highest antioxidant phenolic content. https://worldolivecenter.com/people/
- In 2019, Berkeley Olive Grove received a total of 5 gold medals at Olympia Health and Nutrition Awards and Aristolio (olive oil competitions). No other United States company has received an award at any of these competitions.
- Due to the high level of fraud in the European olive oil industry, many Europeans and others throughout the world are realizing California certified organic olive oil is ‘the trustable source” of healthy, pure, and safe oils.
Olive Grove for sale CA
Ag farm for sale northern ca
Highest polyphenol olive oil
Super foods for sale CA
Sustainable farm for sale CA
Permaculture farm for sale CA
Award winning Mission olives
400 acres farm for sale CA
- Farms for Sale
- Historic Property
- Vineyards & Wineries
- Street Address: 8 Rocky Dr, Oroville, CA 95965
- City: Oroville
- State: California
- Postal Code: 95965
- County: Butte
- County: United States
- MLS#: 04095-95965
- Year Built: 1913
- Courtesy of : United Country California Properties